|Silverton Paideia Students GROW. ACHIEVE. SOAR!|
Silverton Paideia Academy, located in the residential neighborhood of the Village of Silverton, is a PreK-6 magnet school and community learning center within the Cincinnati Public Schools District. The school's emphases are Paideia-based instruction and Socratic seminar, a supporting Museum School pedagogy to foster problem/project-based learning, and new for 2015-1016, the adoption of The Leader in Me process (TLIM). TLIM will teach Silverton Students leadership skills through application of Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. These three pillars work together to educate the whole child and empower students to take ownership of their learning.
Silverton Paideia is proud of its continued evidence of student academic growth for all of its demographic subgroups, including the school's primary and elementary autism and multiple disabilities population. This is a tribute to the commitment of its dedicated teaching staff, a highly qualified group of educators.
Silverton Paideia Educational Philosophy is guided by the principles of the Paideia philosophy.
ALL children can learn.
ALL students need and deserve the same high quality
ALL students must be challenged to perform to the best of their
ALL genuine knowledge is active rather than passive.
In order to accomplish this, Silverton Paideia Academy upholds these Core Values.
- Strong academics
- Student ownership in the learning process
- Paideia Socratic seminar for students' critical thinking
- Engaging field experiences to build on key academic concepts
- Problem/Project-based learning for real-world application of academic concepts
- Arts integration for creative and innovative thinking
- Staff and student collaboration and active communication
- Family and community partnerships
The following services are provided to students as needed.
- School Psychologist
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- School Social Worker
- Intervention Specialist
- In-School Mercy Health Center
- Mental Health Services