Included on this page are highlights from our policies and procedures.
As a reminder, our hours are:
- School Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
- Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
- After School Programs: 2:15 - 6:00 p.m.
To report an absent child, call the school office prior to 9:00 a.m. or email us using this Absence Reporting Form.
Student behavior that distracts bus drivers is a hazard to the vehicle's safe operation, and jeopardizes the safety and welfare of all passengers. Misbehavior while on a yellow school bus or a Metro bus can result in disciplinary action for the student or the suspension of transportation service for the student. Read more about our requirements for student behavior on buses.
Review CPS' Code of Conduct for disciplinary procedures.
Students who attend Silverton Paideia Academy are required to dress in their school uniform every day.
- Tops — White, Red, or Black Polo Style or Button Down Oxford with collar
- Bottoms — Khaki, Navy, or Black (Shorts are permitted in the same colors)
- Jeans are not permitted as part of the uniform.
- Turtlenecks, sweat shirts, and sweaters are permitted during cool weather.
The school reserves the right to ask students to change into proper attire.
Snow Days and School Delays
Snow days and school delays are announced on our website, local TV and radio stations, CPS' mobile app, and through automated phone calls. Assume school is open unless you hear otherwise. Learn more about CPS' severe weather and emergency closing procedures.
The Silverton Paideia Academy Student and Family Handbook details our policies and procedures.
Visiting During School Hours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians. However, to protect student safety, all visitors must sign in at the main office and wear a visitor's badge. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.